A bi-annual $250 Textbook Scholarship
PLUR Baes decided to establish a $250USD bi-annual scholarship to help College and University students all over America get a helping hand in paying for their education.
The scholarship will be awarded to one student per semester to help him/her cover his/her textbook and/or computer software costs. The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the winner in check.
Our goal is to enhance educational opportunities for students enrolled in 4-year undergrad programs by conducting this scholarship contest in Spring and Fall.
To apply, you should know:
- Essays must address the following topic: Identify one of the innovative EDM industry leaders (e.g. a DJ, promoter, producer, club venue, fashion brand, etc) and explain what, in your opinion, they do to maintain their edge.
- Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- Essays must be your original work.
- Rich content with pictures, photos, and radios may increase your chance of winning the Scholarship.
- You essays must not use copyrighted pictures or photos in your essays.
- 3.0 GPA Minimum (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be (or planning on being) a full-time student at an accredited institute of higher education. You must provide an evidence of your enrollment. This can be done through submitting a scan or photo of your student I.D.
- Providing false information or plagiarism may be grounds for immediate disqualification
The following must be submitted by email to email@example.com in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Applicants name and contact information (mailing address, phone, and email address)
- Name of your higher education institution, the degree and majors.
- Essay in a Microsoft Word file (in .doc or .docx format)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s student I.D.
We will consider submissions of essays until December 1, 2016.
Spring semester scholarship recipient will be announced on December 15, 2016.
We will consider submissions of essays until July 15, 2017.
Fall semester scholarship recipient will be announced on August 1, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on our website and will receive notifications by email.
Notification, Award, and Award Restrictions
One (1) winner will receive a total amount of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) Scholarship Award. Each Scholarship Award will be in the form of check to the the Scholarship Award Recipient. The check for $250 will be mailed to the winner within fourteen (10) business days of winner verification. Scholarship Award Recipients must submit proof of enrollment for the current semester.
Scholarship Awards may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of PLUR Baes. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted. Any taxes due on the Scholarship prize or any other prizes awarded are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Award Recipient who fails to provide proof of identity or any required information may be found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, and the Scholarship Award will be forfeited.
Privacy and Publicity
If you enter, the personal information you provide on your entry will be collected and PLUR Baes may use this information to contact you regarding this Scholarships Program. If you are an award winner, you specifically agree that PLUR Baes may identify you as such on its website and in other written communications to other applicants or the general public.
Acceptance of an award constitutes permission for PLUR Baes to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All essay submissions become the sole property of PLUR Baes and will not be returned.